Thank you to the authors and the team at Wildfire Marketing for the advance reader copy of Twelve Naughty Days: A Steamy Holiday Romance Anthology, this series of short stories released on December 14th.
With such a talented group of authors attached who does not want to devour these sultry stories.
“On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me… TWELVE NAUGHTY DAYS
Cancel your plans, because twelve of the hottest romance authors have teamed up to bring you a delicious holiday treat: a series of never-before-seen short stories inspired by the 12 Days of Christmas.
Each of the authors will have an unforgettable, steamy story. Set to one of the twelve days in the popular Christmas song, it will be perfect for you to sink your teeth into this holiday season.
Including original works by New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors:
Angelina M. Lopez
On sale for a very limited time at just $3.99! All proceeds benefit suicide prevention and will be donated to the Trevor Project.”
Check out my more detailed thoughts below…
- K.A. Linde’s: One Cruel Wedding Night asks is if an arranged marriage equals no love. This story features Camden, the heir to a hotel fortune and Katherine who is now penniless. Her father committed fraud and now her only option is this arranged marriage. This villain romance had great sexual tension. I loved how it was set at their wedding and the hot scenes that came with it. 4 stars.
- Skye Warren’s: Two Turtle Doves features Gabriel and Avery fan favourite characters of Skye’s. I have not read any of her Endgame series, I feel bad that I could not appreciate all the character cameos. For those who have this is definitely going to be a treat for you. 3 stars.
- Fiona Cole’s: Goner is the best story in this anthology! Fuck I loved this story. First off I am a huge fan of Fiona and the world of Voyeur, so yes I am biased. There is a great cameo from a beloved couple. They get in the mix with the new characters and it is a super hot scene. I love the setting of blur and I could read like ten more books in this world. Amara and Atlas have great chemistry. This book has everything, F/F/M, F/F/F, and M/F. 5 stars.
- Giana Darling’s: Swan Song is about Finnegan aka Curtains of the Fallen MC. This story was pretty good but I expected more from Giana. I am a huge fan of her motorcycle romances and I wanted this to be steamier. I did really enjoy the characters and the mystery surrounding them. 4 stars.
- Claire Contreras’s: Five Golden Rings is Deliah and Rory’s story. This story was not very memorable. The sex was hot though. I loved how the rings referenced in the title were incorporated into the story. 3 stars.
- Nikki Sloane’s: On the Sixth Day is a story of a throuple. Clay, Travis & Lilith are from The Architect. I enjoyed this story so much, I plan to pick up their story. Their sex scene was incredibly hot. I loved the balance between the sex and plot in this story. 5 stars.
- Nana Malone’s: Four Calling Birds is Bryna and Lucas’ story. I did enjoy that this story had a heist aspect to it and how it led to a very hot hookup. But overall I did not get super invested in this story. 3 stars.
- C.D. Reiss’s: Nine Ladies Dancing was a bit of an odd story. It really did not click with me, as I did not like any of the characters. It took me forever to read and it had my putting the book down rather than devouring the story as I should be. 2 stars.
- Sierra Simone’s: My Present This Year is about step-siblings Nick and Nora. This story is so hot and well of course it is it is written by the queen of steamy smut Sierra Simone. This story was my second favourite in the anthology. With perfect pacing, the tension was built between step-siblings who have been struggling to keep their hands to themselves. You cannot help but buy into their feelings and start to cheer them on. 5 stars.
- Laurelin Paige’s: Ten Dirty Deeds exudes tension and oozed steaminess. I loved the concept of the 10 deeds and how it was incorporated. I know Laurelin has written about these characters before, but I have never read that story. Sabrina and Donovan are from Dirty Flirty Rich Men, and they seem like a very fun, hot and dirty couple. 4 stars.
- M. Malone’s: Gift Me is Noelle and Deacon’s adorably nerdy romance. I loved this romance of two people who have been pining for each other for quite a while. This story was one of the sweetest and most romantic ones in the anthology rather than something sexy or steamy. 4 stars.
- Angelina M. Lopez’s: Twelve Drummers is Sabrina Ramirez’s story. This story was really unique and its inspiration was super cool. This Aztec-inspired tale is one of the steamiest in the anthology. The hotness of this story is quite something, but its lack of plot keeps the rating a bit lower for me. 3 stars.
Twelve Naughty Days receives four out of five stars.
You can pick up the story below…
Thank you again to these authors for the review opportunity. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!