Thank you to Emma Chase and the team at Valentine PR for the advance reader copy of Royally Remembered.
I was so excited to get the opportunity for an early read of this Royally series companion novel!
“The lives of the Wessco royal family have always been extraordinary. Abounding in power and wealth, and marked by moments of soul-searing passion, exquisite love, and tragic loss.
In this collection of short stories, set during the time period of the Royally books and beyond, we explore the moments that helped shape these characters into the irresistible heroes and heroines readers have come to know and cherish.
We meet Prince Nicholas and Henry’s parents, Prince Thomas and Lady Calista; we see the struggle to balance family relationships with the demands of the monarchy; and we continue the story of Queen Lenora and Prince Edward, whose deep, abiding love lasts beyond a lifetime.
Royally Remembered is not a standalone–it is a companion novella meant to be read after Royally Screwed, Royally Matched, Royally Endowed, and Royally Yours.“
Check out my more detailed thoughts below…
- Selfish Man: This story is set two years after Royally Yours and this starts damn sad. But it is a testament to the strength of Lenora and Edward’s relationship in the face of their tragedy and loss.
- Christmas at the Castle: This story showcases Lenora and Edward meeting their son Thomas’ girlfriend for the first time. It was so lovely to see Thomas and Callista together. It was bittersweet as a fan of this series, I obviously know what happens.
- It’s All Right to Cry: Nicholas is told in this story about his parent’s plane disappearing and seeing his reaction and how he had to handle it was devastating. It made me want to cry.
- He Made Me a Queen: Then we switched to Lenora’s point of view and this story was phenomenal. I loved seeing the strength of Lenora and Edward’s relationship in the face of everything the world has thrown at them.
- Bloody Thank You Cards: I loved seeing a peek into Edward and Nicholas’s relationship. Plus a little bit of a look into how flirty Lenora and Edward still are even as they get older.
- Good Night Sweet Prince: I was dreading this story, the story of Lenora losing Edward. All of these little stories really sold me on the greatest of their love.
- Now and Always: Now we get Nicholas’ point of view on his grandfather’s death. It was a lovely story and had such a nice sensitive moment between Nicholas, his brother Henry and his grandmother Queen Lenora.
- A Little Thing Like a Crown: This story occurs during Royally Screwed. It was interesting to get the behind-the-scenes of how Lenora was processing Nicholas’ choices. I did find it a bit creepy how Lenora talks too intently to her deceased husband. I get why Emma Chase did this so there was dialogue in the story.
- I Don’t Want to Say I Told You: Features Lenora coming to terms with Nicholas’ choice to pursue love and abdicate. It is interesting because after all these stories you understand better where Lenora is coming from. How after her son and daughter-in-law died she poured all of her energy into shaping Nicholas into the perfect heir.
- My Greatest Joy: This story was very very touching. I especially loved Lenora’s moment with Jane.
- Beyond the Palace: This was a nice way to wrap up this short story book. I really loved getting this behind-the-scenes look at Lenora’s point of view on the events of her past, present, and future.
Royally Remembered receives four out of five stars.
You can pick up the story below…
Follow Emma on all her social channels…
Thank you again to Emma Chase and the Valentine PR team for the review opportunity. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!