Thank you to Lauren Blakely and her team for the advance reader copy of Shut Up and Kiss Me, the second book in the Happy Endings series.
I am a member of Lauren Blakley’s review team, but I stand by my reviews remaining honest and true.
“When a scorching one-night stand between best friends absolutely, definitely shouldn’t happen again…
How to resist sleeping with your best friend when you’re stuck in a hotel room in Vegas with the charming, glasses-wearing hottie.
1. Slather your face in a grapefruit mask
2. Wear a big, fluffy robe
3. Make him do the same.
Didn’t work. Turns out our libidos had other plans.
But, no biggie. After epic, soul-shattering banging, I’ll just put the genie back in the bottle the next morning. Only, that’s easier said than done. After years of scraping by, Nolan and I just landed the big break of a lifetime for our scrappy online restaurant review show. We’re going to New York for a month.
Just the two of us. TOGETHER ALL THE TIME.
But I’ve already lost my best friend once, so I’ll do whatever it takes to resist thoroughly delicious Nolan again.
Until I learn whatever it takes might cost me everything.”
Check out my more detailed thoughts below…
- Characters: Emerson and Nolan are best friends and run a food-tasting YouTube channel that is gaining some popularity. They are just friends except they have shared a kiss before. They are a funny pair with Emerson being the vegetarian to Nolan’s carnivore. Talk about opposites attracting. They have over a million on YouTube but still, work day jobs to pay off debt and student loans. Emerson is a makeup artist.
- Setting: The story started in San Francisco and then moved to New York. Lauren Blakley set up some really exciting titles to come, Jo’s story is coming in Kismet, TJ’s romance is coming in Hopelessly Bromantic, and Jason’s story rounds us out in The Boyfriend Comeback.
- Pacing: This book just flew by. It had very quick pacing. It was such an easy-breezy read.
- Romance: Now put these two alone in a swanky hotel room in Vegas with one bed. Y’all know what’s gonna happen hehe. They have some really hot sex. This book and this couple are just adorable. The characters have great chemistry and I love the way they spoke in innuendos and flirted with each other. My heart just was not in this as much as I was hoping it would be. This romance is just fine, it did not pull on my heartstrings.
Shut Up and Kiss Me receives three out of five stars.
You can pick up the story here.
Follow Lauren on all her social channels…
Thank you again to Lauren and her team for the review opportunity. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!