Thank you to K. Webster and Candi Kane PR for the advance reader copy of Feuds and Reckless Fury, this story releases on June 1st!
The first K. Webster story I ever read was Hale, her quintessential step-sibling romance. So I jumped the chance to pick up this story. Not only is it a stepsiblings romance, but it is also an enemies-to-lovers and an M/M love story.
Check out the Goodreads synopsis…
“From USA Today bestselling author K Webster comes an angsty and emotional enemies-to-lovers gay romance standalone!
The hatred began when my father proposed to another man in a shocking moment that rocked my family to its core…
Now I’m on a quest for revenge against my father.
That means hitting him where it hurts—the new fiancé and the son he thinks so much of.
Alis is a bleached blond perfectionist thorn in my side who’s used to everything going his way. Grades, money, track—he dominates it all despite his short, insignificant frame.
Was one dad not good enough that Alis had to take mine too?
Soon, we’ll be stepbrothers.
Until then, I vow to make his life a living hell.
Maybe Dad will regret his terrible mistakes.
Maybe he won’t.
I know I won’t regret wrecking their lives like they did mine.
I’ll give up everything, even my girlfriend and football, if it means I get a chance for retribution.
It’s reckless and risky, but I don’t have much to lose.
The havoc I wreak might ease some of the pain Dad caused my mother.
I’m willing to give it a shot.
What starts as a family feud will become a war…one I plan on winning no matter the cost.
There’s only one small problem.
I may have underestimated my opponent.”
Check out my more detailed thoughts below…
- Characters: Canyon and Alis are the stepbrothers, turned lovers. Canyon is a hotheaded, angry and angsty teen. He is an asshole through and through with a huge revenge fantasy. Canyon’s dad filed for divorce and left Canyon’s mom for his best friend. Canyon perceives this as his dad replacing him and hurting his mom deliberately so he makes it his mission to make Alis’ life miserable. Alis is the adopted son of Canyon’s dad’s fiance. Alis has trauma from his childhood, and his adopted father saved him when he was ten. He is incredibly self-conscience about his adopted dad keeping him, he is in constant fear that he will be kicked out. The boys start to see more than meets the eye. Canyon is more than just a dumb dock. Alis is more than an artsy nerd. I loved how their characters evolved over the course of this story.
- Setting: The story was set in Florida. They are high school seniors and yet that did nothing to withdraw the emotional intensity and the deep themes of the story. This story was really able to delve into depression, adoption, abuse, trauma, homophobia, teen pregnancy, and addiction. This really was a story about the consequences of hiding parts of yourself.
- Pacing: The pacing was A+ as these characters went through such phenomenal personal and romantic journeys.
- Romance: This sure is an intense romance with extreme sexual tension. I could not help but cry my eyes out for them. I loved how they slowly began to transition from hating each other to loving each other. There were so many adoring moments. I loved that they would share their interests.
- This may be one of the best K. Webster has ever written. I do not tend to read about high schoolers but Kristi writes them with such grit and emotional intensity.
Feuds and Reckless Fury receives five out of five stars.
You can pick up the story below…
Amazon International: http://mybook.to/FeudsandRecklessFury
Follow K. Webster on all her social channels…
Thank you again to Kristi and Candi for the review opportunity. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!