Thank you to Corinne Michaels and the team at Valentine PR for the advance reader copy of Help Me Remember.
A brother’s best friend romance with a heavy dose of amnesia, I am very excited for this story!
“New York Times bestselling author Corinne Michaels brings you a new small-town, brother’s best friend romance.
In one second, my life disappeared.
My past. My memories. My future.
The only certainty I have from the last three years is that my older brother is dead, and I am the only eyewitness.
In order to protect the case, the lawyers demand that no one give me any information about my life . . . I must remember on my own. My only help comes from my brother’s best friend and world-renowned investigative reporter, Spencer Cross.
He has no idea how many nights I’ve spent dreaming of his name—and his body—next to mine.
Now we’re a team and our goal is to recover my memories and retrace my past. But each day we spend together, he’s looking at me as more than his friend’s little sister and I find it harder to want my old life back. Instead I’m wishing for a new one–with him. His kiss feels like home. His arms make me feel safe, and I never want this to end.
As my memories return, forcing me to face my future, everything falls apart… especially when I find an engagement ring hidden in my apartment. I have no idea who gave it to me, or what it means about my past.
I may have asked Spencer to help me remember, but now I wish I could forget.”
Check out my more detailed thoughts below…
- I will tell you now it is best to go into this story blind. Like honestly don’t even read my review. Just pick up this book, you won’t regret it.
- Characters: Brielle wakes up with no memories of the last few years. My heart and mind ached for this character who struggles and has small wins and even greater losses. Watching her struggle, fight and persevere was empowering. Spencer is our hero, and he makes an even bigger sacrifice. He knows what happened during the last few years, but must keep the gravity of events and feelings to himself. Longtime readers and fans of Corinne will get an extra treat out of this book. There are cameos from characters from one of Corinne’s most popular series.
- Setting: The story is set in Rose Canyon. This is a new series from Corinne so we have yet another town to fall head over heels with. The next instalments are already planned out, and I cannot wait! There are so many great side characters in this and I am excited to see these stories explored.
- Pacing: I was enthralled during the entire book. The mystery element for sure had me keep reading. This book made me so weepy. I had tears pouring down my face constantly, just streams. Corinne just has a special talent for making me cry, happy tears, sad tears and frustrated tears.
- Romance: I loved these two together. As Brielle was placing the pieces back together she and Spencer were falling in love again, for a second time. This is such a unique take on a second chance romance. Each scene they had together had amazing tension. When they did eventually come together, damn it was hot.
Help Me Remember receives five out of five stars.
You can pick up the story here.
Follow Corinne on all her social channels…
Thank you again to Corinne and the Valentine PR team for the review opportunity. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog!